Transportation Services’ mission is to provide safe, efficient transportation that supports the educational environment, while complying with governmental regulations and Board policy. More than 100 bus drivers travel over 1,400,000 miles annually while transporting over 6,900 students daily. Transportation services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
General Transportation Information:
- Students who reside within the Highlands Elementary attendance area, but outside the walk zone, will have transportation provided by the district.
- All elementary students who reside in the Erie Highlands and Grand View neighborhoods will be within the walking zone for Highlands Elementary.
- The new boundary change has not impacted secondary students. Busing will continue for these students as previously established.
Transportation Space-Available Information:
- Open enrolled students may access buses servicing eligible riders on a space-available basis.
- Space-available seats are assigned after eligible students utilizing the bus have been identified.
- Space-available seats are evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis approximately three weeks after the start of the school year. Parents will be notified when a seat becomes available for their student(s).